- In respect of multicultural audiences, such as European institutions, DEMOS has provided around 7000 hours of training over a period of 3 years. In order to carry out such a volume of work, there is a permanent need for around 110 consultants – trainers – coaches and also new blood to supplement this pool. For each topic area, DEMOS has had to make sure that the content of the courses is the same in the three training languages of English, French and German, whilst at the same time respecting linguistic, cultural and conceptual specificities. This was not achieved by translating the courses into the different languages, but rather by adapting them and sometimes rephrasing content depending on the language being used for the course. These actions have enabled DEMOS to secure an excellent position on the market when it comes to developing pedagogical tools and multi-cultural training programmes.
- Training for 200 European managers in China
The Demos group, in partnership with UIBE (University of International Business and Economics) in Beijing, has been awarded a project to train 200 European managers. The 4-milion €, 4-year project set up by the European Commission reflects the desire of the Chinese government to strengthen economic ties with the European Union at a time of unprecedented economic development for China. The main aim of this project is to improve the European managers' knowledge of the Chinese language, culture and business practices through mandarin lessons, work placements in companies and socio-cultural activities. The managers will be selected on the basis of specific criteria. The 10-month training course involving 40 participants will be held at the UIBE, which will play host to the managers and provide teachers who are familiar with teaching business Chinese to foreign students. Demos will be in charge of overall management of the project as well as selecting the managers, organising exchanges to Europe for Chinese teachers and designing e-learning tools.
- Demos is also running a 2-million € project in Algeria to provide professionalisation programmes for training coordinators from over 80 government-owned companies who are responsible for implementing strategic training plans for 4000 employees working in these companies.
Details of our different projects:
Set up in November 2004, Demos Polksa operates in three areas:DEMOS ALGERIE
• Devising, developing and implementing human resources development plans in Polish companies with the aid of ESF funds (European Social Fund).
• Direct business approach to companies, especially branches of French multinationals based in Poland.
• Involvement in studies and research into vocational training systems and professional qualifications standards.
Main recent achievements: business management training for French-Polish teams working in a distribution company (private client); drawing up professional qualifications standards.
Set up in May 2006, DEMOS ALGERIE is a project management unit working on projects secured following international tendering procedures. This branch of DEMOS mainly begins its involvement at the outset of tendering procedures and runs training projects made up of mixed teams of local and international consultants.
Main recent achievement: provided technical assistance to the Algerian Ministry of Training and Education to help it provide professionalisation programmes to training managers in 80 government-owned companies and their 4000 employees.
The Belgian branch of DEMOS was set up in January 2002 with the intention that it would manage the DEMOS group's international projects.
Its main tasks are to:
- ensure the participation of Demos in international tenders
- strengthen the company's pool of international trainers and consultants
- run training and consultancy projects in the European institutions
- set up project management teams both for the purposes of back-stopping and running projects on the ground
Strengthened by its achievements and the presence of a team of multilingual trainers, Demos Belgium is now setting its sights on the Benelux market, with a particular focus on developing its intra-enterprise activities.Main recent achievements: framework contracts worth over 14 million € to train staff from the European Commission and the European Parliament; Training locations: Brussels, Luxembourg, Commission delegations; a 4-million € contract to provide 200 European managers with training in business Chinese; Training location: Beijing, China.
For a detail of our references
- EU-China Managers Exchange and Training Programme
- Four framework contracts for the training of the EU Commission staff
- Five framework contracts for training of European Parliament personnel
- Technical assistance to the Ministry of Vocational Education and Training (MFEP) to manage refresher-course programmes and training plans for the public sector
- Developing a National Vocational Training System
- Improving competitiveness and support to the financial sector
- Preparation of training actions for the personnel of consumer organisations
- Leonardo “Telehuman” Project